Lemons seem to be our lot in life, but sometimes I get tired of drinking lemonade. Sometimes I'd much rather have root beer, and no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to make root beer with lemons.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23, 2010 Garage Thoughts

In an attempt to be proper, or, at least, in an attempt to not confuse you, I will begin this blog with an introduction. I am a relatively sane, healthy, normal, American girl. I enjoy sleeping, eating, breathing, and pretty much anything else required for living. When I am not engaged in these activities I can generally be found singing, writing, acting, crocheting, and attending Super Awesome University. I am the youngest of eight children, which means that my mother was pregnant for a total of six whole years of her life. Yeah, ouch.
This blog is primarily for my own enjoyment. I know, how selfish of me. Mostly it will just be filled with the strange and terrible thoughts I come up with throughout my days, and if you don't find that interesting... well, that sucks. I'm going to write anyway.
I have recently been heavily involved with helping my mother move from 2000 sq feet to 120 sq ft. This task has included a lot of heavy lifting on my part and I have found myself wishing that I had the money to hire two burly men named Merv and Spike to do the lifting for me, but alas, like most college students I am completely broke.
Today was a joyous day though, because I have finally moved the last of my mother's stuff into my sister's garage, so at last my part of this great undertaking is done. But as I was moving boxes of seemingly worthless junk into the garage I thought that the back of our minds are a lot like little storage units for the thoughts we don't use. We carelessly box up our little used thoughts and store them back there, thinking that someday there might be some use for them. But really, they're just taking up space. For instance, the box of thoughts labeled '9th Grade Geometry'. I haven't opened that box in years, and I am seriously considering throwing it out. 
Then we have those scary thoughts. Those thoughts that we only keep because we can't get rid of them. We store them in a corner, hoping that we never have to go back there for any reason. This is where we keep thoughts like 'Our Biggest Fears' and shoved way near the back 'Repressed Memories'. These are the thoughts expensive therapists are often so keen to know about.
Then we have those thoughts that are so nice that we're almost as scared of them as the 'scary thoughts'. Thoughts like 'What I Want to be When I Grow Up' and 'When I Fall in Love'. I think the main reason these thoughts are so frightening is that they're just dreams, and dreams, though beautiful, don't always come true.
Such were my musings as I carried awkward loads and cursed Merv and Spike for being so expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment